MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these mentioned a few times.
Can anyone give me links to suppliers?
I think my 6 speed would benefit from one.
Makers' names would be useful to help me find one here in the UK.
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be if you don't care how it looks and if you live in the USA.
It's much harder to source anything unusual over here, and the whole point of being on a model-specific forum is that you can benefit from real experiences other peolple have had.

Jerry

·
Registered
553 Posts
It might be if you don't care how it looks and if you live in the USA.
It's much harder to source anything unusual over here, and the whole point of being on a model-specific forum is that you can benefit from real experiences other peolple have had.

Jerry
The knobs are really not car specific. Just thread pattern specific. In essence, you can actually take a design to your local machine shop and have them make you one with the apporiate thread.

Google weighted shift knobs can you come up with skunk, greddy, blox, arc, etc. It all comes down to what floats your boat.

Also try searching the forum via search box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bioslord and again OKSpyder.

qmtran, I know knobs are not car-specific and that can be the problem.
I've seen several Roadsters over here with aftermarket knobs with a big gap between base of knob and the chrome collar on the gaiter, I want to avoid that.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
~540 gram knob made by a friend. It's modeled after the TWM knobs, but didn't cost me $90.

·
Registered
642 Posts
190g Speedsource ball with neck

Trd quickshift

great combination and not an extra lb in mass

I have the same one without the color. I love it. except for the fact that its as hot as a m______ in the summer.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I have the same one without the color. I love it. except for the fact that its as hot as a m______ in the summer.
I keep a small sock under the cupholder assembly in the summertime. When I park the car, I'll pull out the sock and put over the knob. It helps a lot with the heat.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Think I could market that?

Get a grip on your hot knob with the new knob sock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.