MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. Tomorrow ill be picking up a 2000 mr2. My first toyota. However not the first in my family. My mother had an 85-89 model. It kinda affected my decision. I had been looking at cars like the 350z and rx8 but saw the mr 2 today and liked it. The car has 100k on it so prolly no real big performance mods, but im a big fan of tasteful visual mods, espicially in the interior, carbon fiber and chrome trim pieces especially. Im happy to be a member and learn as much as i can.

·
Registered
782 Posts
spyder

Welcome, they're great cars. You won't regret!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Welcome..

The Soyder is Underpowered, and Turbo is the Only way to make HP.. So don't even try the Intake Mods.. won't help..

They are not built has fast Straight line Cars.. they are Fast Corner Cars..

Enjoy.. I've got 223K Miles on mine.. do not regret it a bit..

Would have been nice if it was equipped with the 2ZZ Engine from the Factory.. But Oh well. it's still a fun car..

Do the reading.. The pre-cats gotta go..

Cap

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Welcome. Hope you are buying a silver one......after all, silver is the fastest color.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hi everyone. Tomorrow ill be picking up a 2000 mr2. My first toyota. However not the first in my family. My mother had an 85-89 model. It kinda affected my decision. I had been looking at cars like the 350z and rx8 but saw the mr 2 today and liked it. The car has 100k on it so prolly no real big performance mods, but im a big fan of tasteful visual mods, espicially in the interior, carbon fiber and chrome trim pieces especially. Im happy to be a member and learn as much as i can.
Welcome! Your mother has good taste--those mk1 MR2's were brilliant cars. As has been said, it requires quite a bit of knowledge/skill/money/effort/maintenance to make appeciable power gains... BUT... you can really change the whole attitude of the car with performance springs and struts (or coilovers) and some bracing--and good tires!!! I am a fan of the intake and the exhaust mods--not because it adds mouch power, but because I think it sounds fun (and that is what it is all about:)). Do a lot of research on here before you spend too much money--you will find that your tastes regarding carbon fiber and chrome geegaws will likely change some. And keep an eye out on the classified section--there are great deals to be had. And gut your precats! And be careful! And have fun!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Red is good. Chrome and carbon fiber in moderation only please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah only slight stuff. Just a little hear and there. But i actually like the stock mr2 interior. Its better than my last car, a 2000 camaro

·
Banned
415 Posts
The Soyder is Underpowered, and Turbo is the Only way to make HP.. So don't even try the Intake Mods.. won't help..

+1

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Don't worry about the 100k...

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
Welcome quickie and great first post. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I picked her up today. I really like it. Itll be plenty everything for me. Plus itll last til im out of college

1 - 19 of 19 Posts