MR2 SpyderChat banner
61 - 80 of 3785 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes.

But this isn't my shop, it the Toyota-dealer....:lol:
I'm glad you clarified that because I was about to bring you my Spyder and let you do some repairs on it. LOL!

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Passed smog. Now I get to take the nanny parts back off, and put the naughty parts back on.

Smog #s before with an AEM (only Smog legal for 00-02, as I learned) and a Che header, then run today the OEM intake and a pre-cat manifold...also cleaned the MAF.

15MPH
HC Max: 66, Measured before: 68, after 20
CO Max: 0.57, Measured before: .12, after .02
NO Max: 487, Measured before: 90, after 29
%CO2: Measured before: 14.8, after 15.1

25MPH
HC Max: 49, Measured before: 25, after 13
CO Max: 0.55, Measured before: .02 after .02
NO Max: 774, Measured before: 52, after 85
%CO2: Measured before: 14.8, after 15.0

After resetting a P0456 code, I had a bitch of a time getting the ECU to complete the Evap rediness test. In the middle of trying to drive the cycle it needs to see, the car spit out a p0442 "pending" code. I cleared it and thought I was screwed and had to start the evap drive cycle check all over again. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, but a few days later I just felt like checking with the scanner and hot damn, the evap driving cycles had been recognized and there was no pending or actual CEL codes. I parked the car and didn't even drive the car again until I could get it smogged.

What a PITA. I'll be glad when they pass the bill to get rid of most of this shit next year.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Annual detail day...

wrote a sonnet, "Ode to a Mother F'ing Clay Bar" which basically went : "oh mother f'ing clay f'ing bar, how I f'ing loathe you, but not as much as tiny f'ing black spots on my mother f'ing white car."

·
Registered
209 Posts
I changed out the photo of my wheel caps for a better one that shows how nice it looks, IMHO.
Now we have twin cars (my steering wheel cap is different, though, it says Midship Runabout around it). I have been asked many times if this is the "MR2 Special Edition" because of the MK I logo. I also have it etched on the door sills and on the rear wind deflector.

I finally got the calipers painted red and have the Takuban "Spyder" logos there. Loving it!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Took out the seats to clean beneath them. Found wires for heated seats. Tracked cables to find out why the heated seats don't heat.

This is where it ended.

btw, found where the cables were unconnected.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Passed smog. Now I get to take the nanny parts back off, and put the naughty parts back on.
Put the naughty parts on. Gutted header+new PPE cat+used TM stainless single = loud! The empty cat chambers make for "interesting" gurgling resonance at idle...didn't like it. Also, the TM tip rested against the bumper and left a scorch mark. So I swapped the gutted cat for an Ebay header - still loud but toned down. I also swapped the stock passenger side muffler hanger for an aftermarket one to give the bumper another 1" of clearance. I have an awkward whistle/buzz too. The buzz remained after I swapped the header and readjusted the muffler-to-cat bolts and angle. I got the TM used and after I got home and started to polish it I noticed the tip wasn't welded very straight onto the pipe. It's at a bit of an upward angle....so the pipe inside the tip (a pipe within a pipe, essentially) actually makes a little lip where it ends and the tip continues. I'm wondering if that's the source of the buzz.

Anyone ever try to eliminate a buzz from their exhaust note?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Cleaned and oiled the seats, vacuumed, took out the powercable from the amplifier (which I took out two years ago), built in the CD-changer.

Tomorrow I'll start putting it together again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this is what i did today!!!

my father and i designed and built custom fitted canards to fit on my bumper the way i liked rather then buying some and them not fitting right. (i got some and they didn't fit right at all...)
let me know what you think? thanks and boy do they help i took it out yesterday and at 110 mph it frlt nice and steady...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This past weekend we had a great SoCal summer meet with a beautiful cruise from N. Santa Monica through the famous Malibu canyons.

On my way to the meeting point I was tail-gated by Uma Thurman.
Pomonified and Dizzy Monkey gave me stuff, thanks!
I had stuff for ju5tchi11in.
AKA RAFA almost made it with a new set of painted lights for me from T.O.T. Performance.

We had several 2ZZs, Roll Bars, Hard tops...

Our thread with pics:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?46231-SoCal-Summer-meet

More pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/capfacsurf/sets/72157629936669181/

Our route made by 2zzmr2:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=P...Zk4mQ&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=3&sz=14&via=1,2,3&z=14

·
Registered
782 Posts
Had a stone chip repaired on my windshield, 80$ down the drain!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
New Yokohama S-drives for my son's Spyder. Installed a new water pump, flushed the system and added new coolant. Changed the motor oil, and the trans oil. Not sure if we'll get to it today, but we also have seat covers and a frenzy bar to go on next.

What's more expensive than modding a Spyder? Modding two Spyders.:huh:

61 - 80 of 3785 Posts