MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Is that a Wheelskins cover? I have one in black and tan to match my tan seats. I like the quality of it. Yours looks good, it's just that a lot of people here aren't big fans of the red in the interiors.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that a Wheelskins cover? I have one in black and tan to match my tan seats. I like the quality of it. Yours looks good, it's just that a lot of people here aren't big fans of the red in the interiors.
Yea I know the red color is tough to pull off but it will work out guys!

I got the cover from Wheelskins did the threads around in black first to cover the ugly holes and then cross stitched to seal the deal with red thread.

I haven't had a chance to put the matchhing black leather red double stitch celica GT seats with Red MRS logo in yet along with the door sills and door panels. But I will as soon as the car is painted and will upload the whole car. And try to be ready for the socal meet.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
731 Posts
You did a great job on it despite people's color preferences. Some like pink, some like blue; do what makes you happy.

Where in Southern California are you? I live in Corona.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Curious to know if you like the difference in size the cover adds when using steering wheel, not sure I would like it. If I were to atempt I would remove original leather and re-cover with same size.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Curious to know if you like the difference in size the cover adds when using steering wheel, not sure I would like it. If I were to atempt I would remove original leather and re-cover with same size.
To be honest it feels great! I am actually use to the wheel covers because I also have it on my 5series. Not much of a difference maybe 3-4 mm thicker.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Regardless of the debate of "too much red" in the interior, the handiwork looks nice with the emblem on the wheel. +1 for a full shot of the interior

·
Registered
66 Posts
i like the car with a red interior. good work.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
RED is the fastest colour.......................after all:wub:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts