MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the story, I ordered a set of carbon fiber canards online. when I got them they didn't fit whatsoever. the lines just didn't line up the way I wanted them to. so I sent them back (for a full refund of course) after much frustration and contemplating I decided why not design and build my own to the right specifications to fit my spider the way I want. so my father and I designed and built them and boy do they look good and work great!!!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

let me know if you guys like them and what you think? also if anybody would be interested and also getting a set cuz I have the ability to make more thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very nice. How much would you make some for?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
They look like gills. ^_^ What are they supposed to do? I see them in the import scene a lot.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
OP, what do you mean by 'they work great?'

They look like gills. ^_^ What are they supposed to do? I see them in the import scene a lot.
They redirect air to the rear wing.*

*That's my understanding and what I've heard. The wiki article claims they improve down-force in the front but there are no citations. So, that's as credible as my opinion. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Since you live in Oregon, I would have to guess that the only purpose these would serve is to channel the rain away from your front wheels about 350 days a year.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
They look well made, HOWEVER with the front "blades" and big ass rear wing, look like it could be driven through a cabbage patch to make cole slaw.

Now I have ground effects and they are just for looks and to make me look cool!:lol:

·
Registered
23,103 Posts
If no one is going to say it I will and please don't take it as being offensive to you. Those things are rice period.
It looks so out of place with the lines of the car and at the very least you need one of those fake anodized tow hooks and lots stickers so that it does not draw as much attention to one object. Give people a variety to look at so that the car looks complete.

·
Registered
782 Posts
boy do they look good and work great!!!!
They work great comment really cracked me up. Not my cup of tea, only an appearance mod unless you did some wind tunnel testing. If you like it it's all that counts.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
These are useful canards.

I think they said the front splitter was $6,000 as well but they ran into the issue of downforce being the only thing that would improve lap times.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the dictator approves lol

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
interior ideas lol :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts