MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does not compute. Some model I never heard of? With an iPhone as I was driving. I'm sure some law was broken while taking this pic.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Does not compute. Some model I never heard of? With an iPhone as I was driving. I'm sure some law was broken while taking this pic.

Altezza is to Lexus IS 200, as MR-S is to MR2 Spyder...

Most likely, someone is being JDM-cool yo:)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
That was a very cool car. I had one when they first came out in 2001. Nice rock solid I6. 0-60 was about the same as the Spyder but way more top end.:lol: Alligator alley was my friend that night. I liked the Chrono dash. Here in the US its the Lexus IS300 aka the Toyota Altezza (JDM).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
dang it, you beat me :angry:
Every once in a while the sun shines on a dog's butt... (I'm not even sure what that means...). But, I'm sure it won't happen again:)

I agree with Triz, very cool car. I really like the new IS cars as well--2GR FTW...

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Yep, just the Japanese market name for the IS 300.

They're a nice car, sporty but comfortable and would make a good dd. Same engine as the non turbo 4th gen supra, the coveted but overrated 2jz.

They were also where the whole 'altezza' lighting came from. Those tail lights are factory, and ripped off by every ricer with a civic. Much the way Audi's LED light strip in the headlights is being ripped off now. If I drove an IS300, I would do a red tint over all the clear, with the exception of the reverse light of course.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You all mentioned that its the IS200 and IS300 but your also forgetting the most important version the the altezza... the version with the 3S Beams engine which is pretty awesome really. Yummy beams engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts