MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 MR2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered $4,000...seems low. I have it listed for $6,500...149,000 miles. Not a drop of rust or bodywork. (315)591-85I7
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Wood Picture frame Gas Sculpture Artifact
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Gear shift Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle
oK

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hey party people since the pandemic everything has went up even cars, even used cars.

I always try to keep my car tiptop shape and everywhere I go people try to buy it usually 8K on a 210K miles for 2003 Spyder.

But you got a remember somethings there’s not that many left on the road probably less then 400 cars.

You have to remember this is a car that’s very unique anybody can drive a brand new Corvette and there’s tons of them but I am or two spider girl like you don’t see them very often.

Every time I go to the dealership their service people go bonkers because they love those cars and they never see them come in.

Even though I have several cars that’s one car I will never sell

Blinded by the light

·
Registered
718 Posts
But you got a remember somethings there’s not that many left on the road probably less then 400 cars.
Toyota sold around 25-30k Spyders in the USA. Even if you account for attrition due to precat/1zz/SMT failures, this is still not what I would consider to be as rare a car as you’re suggesting — uncommon at most.

For comparison, that’s 5 times the amount of Lotus Elise’s put on the road in the same time frame (6 years.)

·
Registered
Spectra Blue 2003 SMT with Quaife LSD
348 Posts
I paid $8k for my blue 2003 SMT with LSD and 111k miles back in January. It has some tasteful mods and a few minor cosmetic issues. I wasn’t interested in a pre-facelift car. Saw a 2000 at a dealership with 400k miles around the same time. They wanted $5k. 😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Toyota sold around 25-30k Spyders in the USA. Even if you account for attrition due to precat/1zz/SMT failures, this is still not what I would consider to be as rare a car as you’re suggesting — uncommon at most...
No doubt. Here in NW Pennsylvania/NE Ohio I still see

·
Registered
8 Posts
On Craigslist in the ATL area you rarely see any for sale. When you do it’s 8k at the minimum. Really the guy should have jumped on your price at 6k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts