MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a half trained monkey installed the top on my car before I got it. For one thing, it should be Tan, but is black, which has kinda grown on me, but several things aren't right, most of which I'm not going to worry about until I replace it, but it take several minutes to lower, as the two arms get hung together and I have to make them move correctly.........

Anyway, when you look in through the back window, you see all the way into the "Cubby". Shouldn't there be a tray or something?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
651 Posts
What you are missing I have only ever seen called a “parcel shelf”

It is a plastic tray suspended by wire such as that when the top is up, you have a storage shelf, for a jacket or perhaps a small attaché.

Whoever replaced your top likely elected to omit it, for additional vertical storage space or some such.

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
182 Posts
Hi Craig,

There is a "package tray panel" at the top highlighted in the below picture.

Toyota Part No.: 64330-17010.

It appears the strings are included (64306A), Do not forget the attachment clips... ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is awesome!!! Already can tell my top isn't right, Mine looks nothing like this! Bow 4 just floats free, which is why it interferes with both up and down!
1620067591919.png

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Reportedly, THIS is the spring that guides the side cable inside the side drip rails as you raise the top. " Nope, I have to make sure each side is in the drip rail as I raise it...... This is Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts