MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of upgrading to Tein Mono Sports with the killer exchange rate to Japan. What should I be looking to get as a fair price for the TRD shocks and springs that are on my car now? No idea how many miles they have. A quick search for comps turned up nothing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I’m thinking of upgrading to Tein Mono Sports with the killer exchange rate to Japan. What should I be looking to get as a fair price for the TRD shocks and springs that are on my car now? No idea how many miles they have. A quick search for comps turned up nothing.
Be aware that these things are now quite long in the tooth and with unknown mileage a bit of a gamble.
I myself bought a set for 250€ shipped.
Though ok initially, and a notable improvement, the front shocks gave up the ghost disappointingly quickly.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,257 Posts
Hard to say if you don't have mileage. I have a set with maybe 100 miles on them if that. I wouldn't give them up.

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
75 Posts
I'd be interested in those springs if you're willing to separate them.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would agree with the other folks. You may be able to get $500 for the set but it is risky to think the struts are good. I have two sets. The second set likely has two bad struts. Spyder people don't pay big bucks for TRD stuff because few are purists. KYB made the TRD struts so an new set with some lowering springs usually fits the bill. I needed OEM TRD stuff on my car so I paid a high price for a few of the items. The header and stage 2 bumper were the most expensive items to fit the car will almost all the OEM TRD stuff. Good luck on the sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts