MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,145 Posts
A lot of Southern Californian rain (what even is this wet stuff?) and sub 40F weather on my new A052 tires 🙄. Winter normie revenge for all of my past tongue-in-cheek comments I guess.
I used to daily on bald AO48s on ice in the mountains of North Carolina.

SUCK IT UP BRO!

Honestly, I think all the pucker moments made me a much better driver. I think I would have stuffed my car this past Monday of I didn't have the muscle memory kick in during a sticky situation.

·
Registered
202 Posts
this is gonna be a long list! Lol

new brake rotors, brake pads, and rebuilt and powder coated calipers front and rear. new braided stainless steel brake hoses, Tein lowering springs, koni struts, new swaybar endlinks, full super pro bushing kit, spherical bushings from twosrus, mw components front strut tower brace. Also everything under the car that bolts to the chassis is removed and going to get powder coated And all fasteners and hardware are going to get re zinc plated. Also going to restore my wheels and put new tires on all 4. Hopefully next years Christmas present will be a turbocharger!

·
Registered
63 Posts
this is gonna be a long list! Lol

new brake rotors, brake pads, and rebuilt and powder coated calipers front and rear. new braided stainless steel brake hoses, Tein lowering springs, koni struts, new swaybar endlinks, full super pro bushing kit, spherical bushings from twosrus, mw components front strut tower brace. Also everything under the car that bolts to the chassis is removed and going to get powder coated And all fasteners and hardware are going to get re zinc plated. Also going to restore my wheels and put new tires on all 4. Hopefully next years Christmas present will be a turbocharger!
Amazing list!

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
737 Posts
Oof, where do you find hard tops? (I hear not a reasonable price however* :) )
I got lucky cost wise from local spyder owner right after mine was stolen, but it's still from overeas. The other problem is it needs to be painted. Here's the kicker though... It won't be going on the car... That's why I need to replace the softtop... I ain't getting a second top stolen... I'm unfortunately, apparently, am in the heart of stolen hardtop land... Hopefully the guy(s) stealing them caught covid and died a slow death out on the streets though....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got lucky cost wise from local spyder owner right after mine was stolen, but it's still from overeas. The other problem is it needs to be painted. Here's the kicker though... It won't be going on the car... That's why I need to replace the softtop... I ain't getting a second top stoen... I'm unfortunately, apparently, am in the heart of stolen hardtop land... Hopefully the guy(s) stealing them caught covid and died a slow death out on the streets though....
Maybe someone will peacefully protest his house (the thief's)? ;) <3 sorry to hear that it happened. People are real pieces of work out there. Hopefully it doesn't happen again and people act right. People be crazy nowadays.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
737 Posts
Maybe someone will peacefully protest his house (the thief's)? ;) <3 sorry to hear that it happened. People are real pieces of work out there. Hopefully it doesn't happen again and people act right. People be crazy nowadays.
Peacefully protest... ? Nah, unfortunately, bluntly, need to just be put out of everyone's misery. Too many assholes in the world today to bother... Sorry.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts