MR2 SpyderChat banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
This is pretty cool looking. How was working with the company on a custom order?
They are easy to work with. You message them your idea. They work with you on pricing it out and then send you a sample draft for your approval. Installing it was not that bad. Re calibrating the MPH needle that was intense. You have to be ready to drive a constant speed on a closed road and place it in real time while an OBD2 reader tells ya the speed your at. Gas needle just fill up and place at max. RPM and Coolant temp just wait for car to warm up and 700-800 RPM and half way on coolant temp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The new girl's getting a complete detail; finished all the interior, soft top, frunk (under and cover) and a final clean/fix/lube of the trunk release (solved!). Next detail the engine bay, treat all the rubber and seals with 303. THEN 'Twitch' be ready for color correction and a ceramic coat for Valentine's Day and a fresh set of tires for her 17th birthday in March (or so).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, more like over the winter...Moroso Oil pan, SPC cam bolts F/R, a pair of new RT660's, and possibly a set of Superpro bushings. Hard Dog roll bar to follow soon after, but not in time for Christmas.
Would love to hear about how the Hard Dog goes in, hope to do the same in the next year or so - and do it right! Consider making a video! Best of luck with all the updates!

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,143 Posts
Spyder started getting Christmas gifts fitted. Here's the 1st. Now I can remove the other mounts from the class so the action cam can do it's thing. And yes an old woman owned the car before we did and her makeup stained the rear view mirror. Kinda gross so I may need to replace that with carbon fiber too.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
732 Posts
Kinda gross so I may need to replace that with carbon fiber too.
I suppose this is an unexpected "xmas gift" since the previous dash cam died. I can't live with a mirror dash cam any more. Aside from that I 3D printed a "bracket" from scratch since I don't feel strapping these to the existing mirror is acceptable.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
2,143 Posts
Clever use of the visor plug. Did you print that?
I don't feel strapping these to the existing mirror is acceptable.
[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to see how you get power to it. I was debating putting a regulator in the light switch but that is always hot so the device would not power down with the key.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
497 Posts
Spyder started getting Christmas gifts fitted. Here's the 1st. Now I can remove the other mounts from the class so the action cam can do it's thing. And yes an old woman owned the car before we did and her makeup stained the rear view mirror. Kinda gross so I may need to replace that with carbon fiber too.

View attachment 86351

View attachment 86352
Carbon fiber would look good but in the meantime have you tried de-greaser? I used purple power on something like that and it took off the discoloration.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an idea that I want to bounce of you fine folks. This idea would hopefully help engine compartment temps without disturbing too much in the compartment. I'm thinking [selfishly and for those who have aftermarket headers or those who removed rattling exhaust covers] of a cover, made of a sheet of stainless steel, that goes from the exhaust and shrouds even more than the stock exhaust wall, could even leave slits for hot air to rise through the engine cover (which also has slits). My thought is more exhaust temp protection. Is this something that already exists, or is this a new idea that may have traction? I don't know. It's hard to know what would one even search in the search bar to find info out about this. This would be a great Christmas gift to the MR.2.

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
732 Posts
I'm curious to see how you get power to it. I was debating putting a regulator in the light switch but that is always hot so the device would not power down with the key.
I did a sun visor delete so I run the power (and rear view cam wire) through the hole in the passenger side hole where the visor used to be then the power wire goes down to the glove box and connected to the cigarette outlet. I gutted the center console stuff so my cigarette outlet goes into the glove box.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, it wasn't for Christmas, but my wife got me a new steering wheel for my birthday.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Steering wheel

41 - 60 of 68 Posts