MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a C60 6-speed.

I have my old C56 sitting in a bin on the kitchen table. It had issues (syncros and possibly a crack).

What's the best thing to do with it? Salvage parts from it? Take it apart for fun? Sell it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
FWIW I have heard of people using some of the gears in the C60 to make come different ratios or a stronger C60. I mostly see that on the Lotus forum but if you do some research you may find that a frankentrasmission is possible with what you have sitting around. I would read up and pull the transaxle apart to get the bits that are useful and throw the remainder in the trash.

Also, bin of car parts on the kitchen table. Nice... I am not allowed to do that anymore. I once had an RB25-DET sitting on the floor in my kitchen. Sadly those days are long gone.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have any notable links?

Also, bin of car parts on the kitchen table. Nice... I am not allowed to do that anymore. I once had an RB25-DET sitting on the floor in my kitchen. Sadly those days are long gone.
I answer to NO ONE. Well... except for the Spyder. The Spyder calls all the shots and I do as I'm told.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I swapped in a C66 and still have the 5 speed as well with certainly bad synchros and possibly some bad gears. I’m just letting it live in the shed until I find a reason to crack it open and salvage parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Industrial recycling.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Seen on Facebook marketplace in a week:
c56 trans in perfect condition. Shifts smooth, no grinds. Practically new. No low ballers, I know what I have!!

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Nothing. It's scrap.

Someone might want the case but even a good used 5 speed is around $300 used.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Scrap value here is same as steel. Seems a crime, I have several transmissions sitting with no use. Take it apart for "fun." The transmission is a good one to learn on.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guess I'll stick it on craigslist. Maybe someone need a gear. A new clutch fork is worth more than the value of the entire weight in scrap.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I made a table out of my 1zz block. 4 cup holders and a good foot stool in my garage. Even had lights around the cylinders (open deck).

Still use it. I had the Roku remote in it and when a bit table fell on the engine block, the remote split into about 20 pieces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts