MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to keep the post cat O2 sensor from going crazy after I remove the cat. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5360933&postcount=1

a Few Different ways..

The Electrical way gets full of BS till the End.. then it gets Explained..

Welcome to Spyderchat.. you stirred up the Natives this Evening.. Not bad for your First post.. Ithink I was on forum a little longer, before I Started my $h!t Storm..

Cap

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Have you Gutted your Pre-Cats?.. That is Illegal..

Have you Installed a High Flow Cat?.. that is Illegal.. Have you added a Piggyback.. that is Illegal..

Lots of stuff that 'We' do on this Board, is Against the EPA rules.. We still do it, and talk about it..

High Compression Pistons.. Turbos.. PPE Exhaust.. Removing Side Marker Lites..

There is not much that you can do to a Car that is Legal..

Why when a NooB is asking about Cat less running is that BAD.. but other Long Timers.. run Cat less .. and it's fine?..

Classic Double Standard..

Cap

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
The easy way is to buy a pack of 2 spark plug anti-foulers. Drill one out and screw it into the other one, then install into the post-cat o2 bung and finally re-install your o2 sensor. The computer wants to see a change from the pre-cat o2 to the post cat o2, the spark plug anti-foulers cause the post cat sensor to get a smaller sample and will tell the ecu it's getting a change, and that a cat is in there doing it's job.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I too have a Stock Header.. and it's hanging nicely on the Garage Wall.. And I check them as well..

I do not Approve of the Practice of running without a Main Cat. People for what Ever reason, will do that.. like Ricer Chat.. I may not like what you are doing.. but if this is what you have chosen.. I'll show you what has been learned ..

It's about sharing information..

So I guess that means in some way, Some of us, are helping to break the Law, in our own little Way..

Not sure I'd go so far as show a Terrorist how to make a Bomb..

Cap

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
I too have a Stock Header.. and it's hanging nicely on the Garage Wall.. And I check them as well..

I do not Approve of the Practice of running without a Main Cat. People for what Ever reason, will do that.. like Ricer Chat.. I may not like what you are doing.. but if this is what you have chosen.. I'll show you what has been learned ..

So I guess that means in some way, Some of us, are helping to break the Law, in our own little Way..

Cap
I agree that there are unjust laws but my argument is not so much about breaking the law but being responsible to let others know that people are being effected by the pollution directly. I am not so sensitive about the quality of air but I certainly don't appreciated it when it comes through my vents.

There are those that are far more sensitive to exhaust like little children, pets and old people with COPD.
This is why I fight it not because of the legality or general environmental concerns but for the very basic fact that if you can smell it you can bet it's doing harm.
I think it's more fitting if the guy that want's to remove his cat should recirculate 5% of that exhaust back to his cabin.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I too have my precats since my car is an '03. There is a reason that people remove them though and there is no replacement that you can buy. Main cats can be replaced and it's irresponsible to remove them IMO.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I too have my precats since my car is an '03. There is a reason that people remove them though and there is no replacement that you can buy. Main cats can be replaced and it's irresponsible to remove them IMO.
There is a Replacement..

Purchase an 03 Style of Pre-Cat.. and Upgrade to the 03 ECU..

Problem is GONE.. and you are now legal..

So Gutting Pre-Cats is a Finacial Decision.. not a Reliability Issue..

Dev.. I like the 5% Rule..

Cap

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cap
Thanks for the information Cap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's helpful to others you inconsiderate dolt.
Look man,
I can take a little ribbing but you sound like Al Gore. I think that a sports car forum is not the best place to express your beliefs on air quality and respiratory conditions of the elderly...just saying. Thanks to the purist gearheads who gave me solid information. Nothing personal dev.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Look man,
I can take a little ribbing but you sound like Al Gore. I think that a sports car forum is not the best place to express your beliefs on air quality and respiratory conditions of the elderly...just saying. Thanks to the purist gearheads who gave me solid information. Nothing personal dev.
I take the Al Gore insult personally because I don't like the guy one bit. What this is about is directly blowing smoke in someones face. A car forum is the best place to educate dolts like you that don't seem to understand that what you are doing is harming others, directly. This forum among other things is educating responsible ownership and that includes rules against racing stories so this is no different.
Purest gear heads would not advocate the irresponsibility only selfish ricers do that.

You maybe thinking how does this effect me and it's none of my concern. On the contrary you make it even more difficult when they pass worse legislation to regulate those that for the most part play by the rules and those rules are simple consideration for the direct environment you control.
I don't dump trash on your lawn I expect the same in return.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I take the Al Gore insult personally because I don't like the guy one bit. What this is about is directly blowing smoke in someones face. A car forum is the best place to educate dolts like you that don't seem to understand that what you are doing is harming others, directly. This forum among other things is educating responsible ownership and that includes rules against racing stories so this is no different.
Purest gear heads would not advocate the irresponsibility only selfish ricers do that.

You maybe thinking how does this effect me and it's none of my concern. On the contrary you make it even more difficult when they pass worse legislation to regulate those that for the most part play by the rules and those rules are simple consideration for the direct environment you control.
I don't dump trash on your lawn I expect the same in return.
You make a good point about pollution but I think you are over reacting! I am not dumping trash in your yard. Just removing the catalytic converter from a 1.8L motor...

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
You make a good point about pollution but I think you are over reacting! I am not dumping trash in your yard. Just removing the catalytic converter from a 1.8L motor...
Have you been behind a 1.8L with no cat at a meet. If you have like me you will realize that it sucks especially when your eyes water. It is a known fact that exhaust can acerbate many asmatic conditions and give rise to new ones.
CO has a high affinity to hemoglobin and when you are waiting in traffic you are taking away someones Oxygen.

Is there anything wrong with getting a highflow cat especally since they are so cheap these days.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts