·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm... A few photos of the engine in the car:

Ah-ha:
Engine on the engine dolly

^_^

Dyno has been ordered and arrives in Feb, so expect dyno numbers for this new manifold and street use NA beast around early March.

And yes, sadly we did have to poke a small hole in the firewall to house it, but its not too bad and the top still closes fully and the storage space is only mildly compromised.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Was this LR's baby, a joint venture, or your brain child? Looks like impressive work.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
can't wait to see the dyno #'s

very good lookin'

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was this LR's baby, a joint venture, or your brain child? Looks like impressive work.
LR has not been involved with DD Performance Research for about 2 years now. I bought him out a Short while after we developed the Celica manifold. So yeah, he was not part of developing this application.

It was developed for Kortik's car, and we plan to have it available as a general offering after his dyno tests are complete. This is actually a new manifold and a new custom CNC throttle body as well. The Q45 was too bulky and it made the clearance issue at the firewall quite a bit worse.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks good. It's just tooo bad they cant shorten the runners on the intake manifold with out sacrificing HP so we wouldnt have to cut the fire wall. Maybe some day some one will make one....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good. It's just tooo bad they cant shorten the runners on the intake manifold with out sacrificing HP so we wouldnt have to cut the fire wall. Maybe some day some one will make one....
These runners are already really short. The problem is more the alternator and air conditioner - the plenum has to move higher to move closer, which means it hits the top of the bulkhead AND you get worse performance. Its a loose loose.

In truth I would rather we use the long runner manifold from a performance standpoint, but then we would have to be routing the intake pipe inside the car.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What storage space?:p
I heard a rumor that there is space behind the seats for a bottle of water and emergency beef jerky supply. This is as yet unconfirmed as I haven't found a bottle that small... ^_^

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I heard a rumor that there is space behind the seats for a bottle of water and emergency beef jerky supply. This is as yet unconfirmed as I haven't found a bottle that small... ^_^
Man, I fit a whole five-pack back there...:tongue3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts