MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally sold my old 300zx and got this baby from a really caring owner. It has got a little over 104K on it. It was pretty much stock except for a TRD short shifter and air/fuel gauges. I got some rims, tint, a 6.1" JVC screen, and a DEI alarm with a prox sensor after I purchased it. Looks like the precats have already been gutted and there are no leaks on the top. The car is in excellent condition.

It is a lot of fun to drive, and the last couple tanks have yielded an average of 32.5 MPG combined. Also the insurance is much lower than my Z. Sweet deal. I've been lurking around these forums for a while and decided to post. I really appreciate all the threads on here, it has helped me adjust to the car very well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Very clean! Welcome.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome! great photographic eye!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
:welcome: Nice looking wheels! Keep it clean, it looks good in the white.

Cheers

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great car! I love the pictures that you have taken.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks Z looked to be pretty clean, the third brake light wasn't even faded lol, surprised I never saw it around. Hate to say it but I would rather have had the Z over the spyder but I am a huge Z fan (any generation but particularly the Z32):p I do love my spyder as well though it is alot of fun in a different way. You should check out the toyota owners meet at griots garage this weekend if your not busy.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?46361-Puget-Sound-Toyota-Owners-Festival-2011!!-8-14-11

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I always loved the 300ZX as well; I wanted one for a long time, and a good buddy of mine had one of the older ones, an '84 maybe? Drooled over the J-spec headlights.

I ended up with a VG30DE, in a 1992 pickup instead. ^_^

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Z looked to be pretty clean, the third brake light wasn't even faded lol, surprised I never saw it around. Hate to say it but I would rather have had the Z over the spyder but I am a huge Z fan (any generation but particularly the Z32):p I do love my spyder as well though it is alot of fun in a different way. You should check out the toyota owners meet at griots garage this weekend if your not busy.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?46361-Puget-Sound-Toyota-Owners-Festival-2011!!-8-14-11
Yea, the car didn't look like this when I got it. In the process of restoring, I actually I got rear ended by a friend in his truck on the freeway after I got the new third brake light. I got insurance money and fixed up the body myself. A year later one of my other friend's older brothers hit my car in the fender and didn't tell me. The next day I popped it out and later saw his car with red paint on his bumper :mad:. It all worked out in the end though.

I bought the Z in crappy condition for $3600. I restored it and sold it for $4500.

I do miss my Z a little and I will always be a Z fan. But for a lighter chasis, simpler engineering, rock solid reliability, and lower fuel consumption, I love my 4 banger Toyota! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts