MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: So i had a flat on my car yesterday and while using the key to get the OEM locking lug nut off the face of the nut decided to break off. Can any one suggest any aftermarket lug nuts that they have experience with. I would just like to replace the all of the OEM lug nuts for fear of having the same problem in the future.

·
Registered
362 Posts
First of all are you running stock wheels?, Alot of aftermarket lugs may not be the right pattern for your stock wheels.

My pass experience with generic lugs/locks is that for daily driving, its adequte.
I ran a set from autozone till the wheellock face sheer off like yours....but then again that was the only place I knew that sell the MAG pattern.

I would continue buyin oem lock and invest in a breaker bar.

Im currently running a generic set of acorns by a random company.
Muteki is a popular affordable brand. NRG got em colorful ones.
And Im about to install a set of Works.

If your running oem, stick with oem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Budget really there isn't one, Ill take the best I can get my hands on. And I am still on my stock rims. Thanks for the quick replies guys i appreciate it.

And you mentioned about the mag pattern, what pattern am I looking for that would fit oem wheels, at the risk of sounding stupid (and some ridicule) I thought that any generic 4x100 lug nuts would work?

EDIT: Ok looking up lug nuts I forgot to ask what the thread pattern is for our cars =/. And "tuner nuts" wont fit oem wheels?

EDIT 2: FINALLY got that son of a B$#%^ broken lug nut off... Thanks for the advice guys got it off with a 12 point socket and a breaker bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts