MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
well if I choose any of them- then I'll offend the rest that I didn't.

I think it's pretty obvious if your into the 2zz swap thing then LittleRocket knows his shit! Although I will say the reverse lockout can sometimes be a bitch to engage- shift into. Afraid I'm gonna break something..

Dev is a given! His brutal honesty can be painful but generally accurate from what I can tell. His little skirmish with Bottlefed was interesting... Is Bottlefed here mainly to sell things? Don't quite know about him.

Cap Weir kind of reminds me of Dr. Emmit brown from back to the future. I see him doing strange things in his living room with Ecu's. I know he's attempting time travel in an Mr~2....^_^

How can kevin beane have 26000 posts? so confused.. He knows this car for sure. 26000 posts? I hardly ever see him post? I think he's a hacker with excellent knowledge on the Mr2S.

Nocoolname can be trusted simply because he has the coolest name.. :D

DrummerDawg has way to many variations of rims and can't be trusted!!

Don't trust T~bone either, I hear he likes his steaks with sweet peas. Dangerous combination imo. Just kidding T~bone lol.. I hear the growling from the distance.. Ok his info is great if you just get past his abrasive nature. Had the hardest time figuring out the whole tire size debacle that plages this place until I read the thread where he and Dev conversed with uncle mush. Good info.

As for old man- stay away from anything he posts! For instance this thread! Your bound to get in trouble just reading it!! ha..

Ahh you guys all know this car well beyond dick the toyota mechanic who says' yep you have an engine behind you'...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great Scotts!

This list is spot on. I check this site every day while at work and try to catch up on the posts. Everyone mentioned always has very constructive advice and if not for them, this site would not be able to exist. Thanks all of you, and thanks OldMan for posting this!

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Thanks for the kind word OldMan.

I actually like the threads you start as you seem to ask questions that end up being good discussions and it seems like many of us learn from it. You have a knack to make the wheels turn in people's heads.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This is intended for those who are new to the site.

You will find many opinions and recommendations here, but you can't take them all as fact.
Some sources are more knowledgible/reliable than others. Who can you trust for good info?

I have determined that one should pay particular attention to
(in no particular order):
LittleRocket
BottleFedMR2
Cap Weir
Kevin Beane
Dev
Techaholic2
NoCoolName
DrummerDawg
sh4branze
T-Bone
(often ascerbic, but on target)

& then there's Me (In all humility, of course).
Also Nelix, when he's in a good mood (infrequently on this board, but outstanding on others).

I will add more as they occur to me.

Since I haven't been a member as long as a lot of folks, I am humbled to have my name mentioned along with many that I know are more knowledgeable than I.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i'd like to nominate

Curt
Grumpy
Dee Capp
Rburton
Che
Japanparts
Houmax

and others i'm sure
We are lucky in that we have a lot of good folks who are willing to help each other out. Sometimes we even get some good ideas from over in Oklahoma. :lol:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
This list is spot on. I check this site every day while at work and try to catch up on the posts. Everyone mentioned always has very constructive advice and if not for them, this site would not be able to exist. Thanks all of you, and thanks OldMan for posting this!
Agreed! I am grateful to have a connection, through SpyderChat, to these folks and for the knowledge, wisdom and humor they so willing share on a regular basis. When I first bought my Spyder, all I knew is I loved the way it looked and how much fun it was to drive. I know I have learned a lot from all of you over the last 2 years and appreicate that I have opportunity to continue to learn more each day. The only place I differ from jfuryMR2 is that I start my day reading posts, check at work whenever possible, and check several more times each night after I come home from work. Wow! I gotta get a life. :lol:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I trust my wife... I trust my parents... I trust my grandparents... I trust my sisters... I trust the 5 friends that have been there throughout my whole life...

The people on the lists above, I respect their opinions relating to this car and most other things... but trust? Trust is an important word that is used too freely...

Sorry for getting philosophical, continue with the popularity contest:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Outstanding! A list of "high confidence" posters like this belongs as as sticky on EVERY forum!

I've been on automotive forums for 12-14yrs or so... I've seen posters with very high post counts, spewing total BS (masquerading as facts). Worse, this BS had been plagiarized for some earlier post, another knuckelhead that equally didn't know what he was talking about, either. Add in the fact that Mr "IdontknowwhatthephuckImtalkingabout" has related product to sell, and you have a bad situation where advice is often tainted.

To the noob, the assumption is, Mr. high post count guy must know his stuff, right? Not always. In fact, consider this: anyone with story telling skills, time on his hands, and a computer can research some topic, parrot bad advice, that gets repeated until it turns into that childhood party game of 'telephone'.

Conversely, I've seen industry leaders jump onto forums more than once, with some generic screen name and only 5 post count to their credit, offer up some sage and very unassuming advice based on 40 years of 'tried that and it didn't work, or worked great' experience. The noob with the problem, doesn't know who to believe.

This list at least helps the new guy 'weight' answers. Bravo!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
personally I think of myself as a car-idiot.
I take all my advice from my penis so keep that in mind :lol:
Good list OM and thanks for the props!
I think it's clear trust was implied to advice regarding car-related decisions
In that context, i would trust people on that list.
So are you saying we need to add your penis to the list? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I think it's clear trust was implied to advice regarding car-related decisions

In that context, i would trust people on that list.
I understand--I just think it is funny to apply the word "trust" to the made-up screen names of people you have never met before... And what is this measuring? There are people on that list who could (and probably have) taken this car apart and put it back together... And there are people who probably can't change their own oil:)

But, by all means, continue:)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Now we need a list of people that are not to be trusted. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts