Registered
2,143 Posts
Who makes the kit?
Is the company still around?
Worth the price?
How much?

Just curious

Thanks
TRD unit that was made into a completely custom unit.
It was originally turned into what it is by a supercharger place out East.
Yes.
After it was all done, cheaper than a turbo would have been.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I have one.

Kit, what kit? :lol:
Company, more like one person i think.
Worth it depending on how much you like it.
I bought second hand but I think it was expensive.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Trial and a few other people in japan run the HKS GT supercharger, all seem like custom solutions which have been created by trial.

The major bonus is that there aren't the heat issues associated with turbo. Supercharging seems to be becoming more and more popular in japan for some reason, perhaps because so many cars are coming out with tuned NA engines rather than turbo these days and supercharger is an easier thing to get running without messing with emissions control as much etc.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trial and a few other people in japan run the HKS GT supercharger, all seem like custom solutions which have been created by trial.

The major bonus is that there aren't the heat issues associated with turbo. Supercharging seems to be becoming more and more popular in japan for some reason, perhaps because so many cars are coming out with tuned NA engines rather than turbo these days and supercharger is an easier thing to get running without messing with emissions control as much etc.
Thanks Ben!

·
Registered
126 Posts
What kind of results are you seeing from the SC? W know what turbos give, not so many SC's out there. And what did you consider expensive?

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Their is a difference between having been they're and being their presently. Some people say you really ought to know the difference and proof read your stuff before clicking 'post.' There all wrong and you should ignore them. Grammar nazis.

They're is no kit. The best you can hope for is advice from certain individuals on what to buy and how it fits together, maybe a fabricated bracket or two.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Please explain. Thought they were major heat generators because of the exhust restriction and additional exhaust components.
It sounds like some of you are at cross-purpouses.
A Supercharger is driven from the engine's output shaft.
A Turbocharger is driven by the engine's exhaust flow.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
The TRD Superchargar fits if you cut a big hole in the firewall to clear the supercharger housing. I installed one of these on a spyder in 2008.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Compressing air creates heat. I owned one of the first TRD supercharged Spyders on the planet, and keeping intake temps down was a problem even with meth/water injection. The Rotrex is pretty much a belt driven turbo (not exhaust driven of course) but without a good intercooler a tremendous amount of heat is generated.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Compressing air creates heat. I owned one of the first TRD supercharged Spyders on the planet, and keeping intake temps down was a problem even with meth/water injection. The Rotrex is pretty much a belt driven turbo (not exhaust driven of course) but without a good intercooler a tremendous amount of heat is generated.
So true and thats why I love my A2W intercooler system. IAT are barely above ambient. :lol: My friend turbo with A2A.. OMG i feel sorry for his engine. :lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
So true and thats why I love my A2W intercooler system. IAT are barely above ambient. :lol: My friend turbo with A2A.. OMG i feel sorry for his engine. :lol:
I find this hard to believe. If you were street driving a car and have on quality a2a on a turbo set up you should be fine. I think your friend bought junk or picked the wrong size cooler. I ran a turbo mk2 with a greddy side mount on the street and track with little issues.

If you were to track an a2w then you will see that the a2w will hit a wall when it meets the point where the intercooler is no longer able to dissipate the heat quick enough from the core. This is where an a2a shines.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Again on the streets the proper size supercharger non intercooled is fine. Normal sane driving here. Manufactures have been doing it for decades. A rotex will not introduce the same heat a turbo will into the intake manifold period.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts