MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
388 Posts
Don't knock the Harlequin, a 1996 VW Golf Harlequin sold on BAT in August for over $25k.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I purchased my Spyder, which is all one color, from a 70-something lady who kept the car in a garage the entire 12 years she owned it. It resides in my garage now so my family affectionately refers to the car as "Princess". I've picked up a few dings in the few years I've owned it (rabbit threw his face into the bumper below the fog light 🐰, rock recently hit the front lip of the hood, and my initial noob mistake of forgetting to put the car in gear when I parked at an overlook on the Cherohala Skyway & rolled into the chrome exhaust of a vintage Ford). I'm trying to keep the car in good shape but it's definitely not a show car. I want a car I can drive so I'm not trying for pristine but don't want someone driving a piece of crap to slam their doors into it either :mad:

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
388 Posts
Unfortunately "NYC street parking" doesn't fit in the same sentence as "pristine car" although tbh while I was commuting to downtown Brooklyn for school/work I never once had someone play bumper cars with the Spyder. I threw it in some pretty tight spots too....I think they actually purposely got close to /tapped the other car before doing so to mine which is a for better or worse outcome I suppose.
Yeah, I've watched NYC parking where you pull in behind another car until you hit the car in front of you and then back up until you hit the car behind you, then pull up a few inches, jump out, and go about your business. This is why many cars have bumper guards on their vehicles for parking in the city. I can't imagine parking my Spyder there- nope, keep it moving and get out of the city as soon as possible or better yet, park outside of the city and take the train.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts