MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'03 MR2 5sp - Solar Yellow
16 Posts
Feeling some of this precipitated from my recent post. Feeling a little bad too, like in that old shampoo commercial..."don't hate me because I'm beautiful". lol Btw, no hard feelings (also an opp to post to get my number up!)

Fwiw, while the hues may match, my paint is far from perfect. Lots of nicks on the frunk, from stones on I95 I expect as the PO lived near to highway. Guess I'm a beneficiary of it having been a 1 owner car...except for that damn rip in the front bumper cover under the fog. Very well hidden by yellow duct tape!

Any "Harlequins" out there? Like VW used to sell new?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't knock the Harlequin, a 1996 VW Golf Harlequin sold on BAT in August for over $25k.
View attachment 85671
Yeah, saw that when it was on BaT, but not the result. Impressive! I remember when I first learned VW offered them (probably in the mid-90s when I had a VR6 Passat Wagon...great engine!), but never met one in person. They aren't all the same pattern, think when you ordered it up that you basically got whatever panel color config by luck of draw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my car with what I like to say is 50 shades of yellow. Several fender benders with poorly matched paint. A couple of parking lot dings that I pulled almost out with the hot glue gun tool. I covered the road achne on the hood with vinyl wrap. Only two or three wrinkles I couldn't get out. Not bad for my first try. O
I can't see them in the picks, so for a first time I'd say you did well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts