MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Yeah, I've watched NYC parking where you pull in behind another car until you hit the car in front of you and then back up until you hit the car behind you, then pull up a few inches, jump out, and go about your business.
This brought back a memory of someone doing just that but multiple times right in front of the DMV doors in Brooklyn. I thought it was hilariously ironic.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I bought a Lexus GX470 for overlanding last year. I wanted one that had "patina" and boy does it have it: Big scratches on the side, paint fade, and some actual patina on one door. It has no rust but one back fender around to the door has lots of bondo (magnets don't hold for quite a bit). I love it. There is something truly freeing about driving a car you don't car to get nicked. I have been looking at newer sports cars but maybe I should come back and get a junky MR2? There is a youtube series on lifting and offroading an mr2. Might be interesting.

Love this thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow. Didn't know about Sivart's car until now. I am flabbergasted. That is truly something else. Luckily, its not the fate my car will see. Repainting all of the body panels as we speak. With a gloss finish, and a normal dashboard.
Saw the name for the third time in two days now and finally looked it up. Holy geez, that was an adventure of a thread that I was not prepared for. That poor car

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Saw the name for the third time in two days now and finally looked it up. Holy geez, that was an adventure of a thread that I was not prepared for. That poor car
Heroes never die, but legends live forever

·
Registered
89 Posts
I do. It looks good at night. Looks decent from 20 feet away. Looks fine after a polish for about a week.

Pressure washer ripped half the clear off front fender and bumper. Rear bumper and quarter panel blended with rustoleum as a temporary fix. Hood doesn't quite match the bumper, driver door is turning pink along with rear hood.

One of these days I will sand and paint it, but probably not until next spring.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts