MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in NJ. Tremors felt here from a quake in the Virginia/DC area. Jane was on a conference call with her team, some of which are in Virginia area when they said they were having an earthquake and had to get off the phone. Moments later our house shook.

How is everyone in that neck of the woods?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yup, I was at work when it happened. I walked out of my office to make sure everyone was OK, and I realized I was alone... (no joke).

What we have to remember is that even in NJ, the world's crust is a fragile place. At least we're not on the 'ring of fire'.

No damage or injuries reported according to CNN

This probably won't happen again for another 100 years

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I was in my cube in Chantilly VA and it felt like someone was moving a rack of servers down the hall. Then it just kept getting stronger and eventually gave a strong last shake and stopped.

As we were leaving the building, people were looking at me weirdly. I was dancing and singing "I felt the Earth move under my feet..."

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
How big was it? You guys mentioned that 'it' won't happen like that again for another 10 years....
Glad to hear everyone is alright.

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was in my cube in Chantilly VA and it felt like someone was moving a rack of servers down the hall. Then it just kept getting stronger and eventually gave a strong last shake and stopped.

As we were leaving the building, people were looking at me weirdly. I was dancing and singing "I felt the Earth move under my feet..."

Cousin Carol. I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

I got another song:

'It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine' (well, if the newspapers/ media had their way, they would sensationalize this, which they invariably will)

·
Registered
17,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got another song:

'It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine' (well, if the newspapers/ media had their way, they would sensationalize this, which they invariably will)
One of the talking heads on CNN was speaking to someone that had worked with Homeland Security and asked "You've worked with Homeland Security, was there any warning or indication that this was about to happen?" Are you fvcking kidding me? She should have been fired on the spot for stupidity. Talk about trying to spin the news. Now I remember why I rarely watch the news.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
One of the talking heads on CNN was speaking to someone that had worked with Homeland Security and asked "You've worked with Homeland Security, was there any warning or indication that this was about to happen?" Are you fvcking kidding me? She should have been fired on the spot for stupidity. Talk about trying to spin the news. Now I remember why I rarely watch the news.
Them and the FBI had earlier indicators of a plot by the tectonic plates organization, but didn't act on the tips.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Them and the FBI had earlier indicators of a plot by the tectonic plates organization, but didn't act on the tips.
So you think the TPO will claim responsibility for it........hmmm. :lol:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

Holy crap, that is pretty damn stupid!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I was sitting in my truck during lunch listening to NPR radio when I felt the truck rock back and forth a bit. I figured it was the wind but then I realized my windows were open and I did not feel a gust. At that point the radio host commented to his quest that he felt the building move a bit.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was in traffic in Northern VA., at a stop light when the road began to rumble. I thought that this might be a "sink hole" incident. After a few seconds, the rumbling subsided, and a battery truck driver next to me said "did you feel that?" Duhh... I haven't felt anything like that since I was a kid, living in Lima, Peru, where we seemed to have these tremors about every other week.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Updated damage report from NJ.

Sorry to see such carnage and loss, Ag.... remember: be strong...they are only possessions! We could start an assistance fund, if you'd like!

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,818 Posts
I was sitting in the Spyder reading a magazine on my lunch break when I felt the back of the car wiggle like someone had walked up and pushed down on it or a big gust of wind had rocked it. I looked up and there was no real wind and no one around the car. Then it did it again. I knew what is was then but had no idea that the epicenter was 90 miles south of Washington DC. I am in Akron, Ohio.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts