MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 currently at 131k miles and still running like a champ. It is my daily driver and will stay with me for a very long time.-_-

·
Registered
770 Posts
2000 with 143,000

·
Registered
23,108 Posts
I have a strong feeling that your mileage will be beaten very easily. Probably be doubled

You gotta set rules for this competition !

Things that don't count
-Engine Swaps?
-Rebuilds?
-????
It has been doubled four years ago by a few members.
High millage is not a big deal until you are over 200k . Everything under that is a waste of a post.

·
Registered
782 Posts
131k isn't a lot, interested to see what numbers are gonna come up. People posting should specify wether engine is original, rebuilt etc....

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
280,000 miles, Biatches!

(If you add all three Spyders mileage together)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just like car adds you have to read the small fine print hey XBIKER -If you add all 3 spyders mileage together??????????.

·
Registered
729 Posts
yes, they should. It's just a fun fact topic that's all.
+1, wheres the 200k+ group? I want to see what kind of mileage I have to look forward to :lol:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I remember there was one Spyder from BFE, that had about 250K three years ago.. 00 or 01 with Pre-Cats intact.. don't know his progress..

Here is one that had me beat.. till recently went Tits Up
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showth...shot-a-rod-threw-the-bottom-of-my-engine...-(

He is not driving now..

Mine is 230,500 now.. Not sure if I qualify.. as I chickened out and replaced the Rod bearings at 100K..

But I'm still running the Same Spark plugs and Engine O2 Sensors... Does that make up for it.. ??

Cap

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
11+ years of ownership, 2zz swapped.

but my guess my spyder might have clocked conservatively > 230,000km (143,000miles)
i hit 165,000km with the 1zz 5-6years ago :cool: did a lot of roads trips

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought mine (2001) with 161,000 or so on the original 1zz. 164253 I think it was on mine when the engine was guzzling oil and the clutch had given up it's life and I swapped them. I don't know how the previous owner had treated it but it still had the pre-cats. I've now 4309 on a swapped 2zz and 6sp trans. I'm praying I get at least 100,000 out if it.

I had been wondering how many miles people had been able to get out of them and what are the common failure parts on higher millage cars.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I had 355,000 on my '72 Datsun 510 when it got totaled by a little old lady running a red light. It broke my heart.

Rebuilding my engine with 40K on it due to the broken valve puts me out of the competition, but maybe now it will go 250K+ ! ! !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts