MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a skier and it would be way cool if I could transport my skis to the slopes in the Spyder, it would make my choice easier anyway if I could justify that it can get my gear to the slopes if my other car craps out.

So, has anyone tried to put 175cm skis in their car, do they fit? What about 185? *

take care,

gm

*I am a ski racer, that is why my skis are so long.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just because someone will have to say it - the skis will fit (with the top down).
I do not ski, but I'd have to bet no. However, I did see a post recently where someone purchased a Toyota ski rack for the spyder.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, I'm sure they will fit with the top down, problem is its usually cold out when I go skiing, well, not this year so much.

So, yes, will they fit with the top up? I only have 175cm right now, so that is the length I really care about.

thanks!

GM

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ha, I'm sure they will fit with the top down, problem is its usually cold out when I go skiing, well, not this year so much.

So, yes, will they fit with the top up? I only have 175cm right now, so that is the length I really care about.

thanks!

GM
unfortunately i cannot answer your question directly, however i can tell you, as long as the heater is on full blast, and you have a hat on, you can drive this car through antarctica with the top down

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have seen pics of a Spyder with skis mounted to a luggage rack on the engine lid. That may be an option if they don't fit in the passenger's seat. I actually have a spare luggage rack that is collecting dust in my closet if you're a) interested and b) located near New England.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen pics of a Spyder with skis mounted to a luggage rack on the engine lid. That may be an option if they don't fit in the passenger's seat. I actually have a spare luggage rack that is collecting dust in my closet if you're a) interested and b) located near New England.
How much you looking to sell it for?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm interested as well....or will be cramming an ez-up, tent, two chairs, and assorted goodies in the passenger seat for Bonnaroo.....would rather put a lady there....;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually have a spare luggage rack that is collecting dust in my closet if you're a) interested and b) located near New England.
I'm a) interested but b) located in Missouri, ah well I don't have a Spyder just yet anyway, heh.

GM

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

-Spargo

·
Registered
729 Posts
That pic just looks like fun...now put the skis on the spyder and go!! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi all,

I am a skier and it would be way cool if I could transport my skis to the slopes in the Spyder, it would make my choice easier anyway if I could justify that it can get my gear to the slopes if my other car craps out.

So, has anyone tried to put 175cm skis in their car, do they fit? What about 185? *

take care,

gm

*I am a ski racer, that is why my skis are so long.
Do you own a tape measure? Why don't you just try sticking the skis in there and see if they fit? just sayin...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Do you own a tape measure? Why don't you just try sticking the skis in there and see if they fit? just sayin...

he probably does own the skis and the tape measure, however looking at his signature, it appears it is the spyder he is lacking........

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am the one that picked up the brand new genuine toyota MRS ski racks. I got them in a job lot with a TRD exhaust and TRD suspension set , all brand new. I have no real use for the ski racks except maybe to carry my paddles ( i have not assembled them yet either) Other than a brochure picture no one seems to know of or have seen these before. So they are like hens teeth. If you want to make an offer on them let me know. I am in Australia but can look into shipping. Be the only person with a set of these outside of japan?
My paddles are around the 2 metre mark and I hang the top out the window with the window down a bit. You could try that , but as you are going skiing it might be a little cold at the time and probably not such a good idea!

·
Registered
578 Posts
gm

Classic Carriers makes a luggage rack for the Spyder

They have a couple of different accessories for carrying skis. I think they attach to the luggage rack.
http://classiccarrier.com/skixtra.html
http://classiccarrier.com/snowski2005.php

dunno anything at all about the ski carriers, but am very pleased with the luggage rack.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I can put a 183Cm ( 6 Foot ) length of aluminum Rod ( 50 mm dia ) in the Front seat of my Spyder..
I have to Open the Top to get the Window Frame out of the Way to slide the Upper End in. the lower end is at the Passengers feet. Never actually tried it with a passenger. the Upper end is touching the Rear Window.. cover it with a Rag..

Cap

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am not sure about my Saloman 175's fitting with the top up.... HOWEVER ... I have fit ski-bunnies in that seat!^_^

disclaimer: NOT my photo..although i suppose I could share one that I shot last spring of my bikini-blond GF skiing with me at A-Basin! .....)

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
Not really a dead horse more just a matter of time. I was thinking the same thing T. Perhaps a crevasse?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts