MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I moved a 20011zz turbo that I’ve some knowledge of. I was told that the clutch is newer (Exedy?) and was previously adjusted because of the followIng issue… The clutch engages at the top maybe 2 inches. While it fully engages, the pedal felt OE light in pressure. I did not test the strength of grip. At the bottom 2 inches the pedal felt as though it was on an eccentric cam that rotated too far. Like when you bleed the clutch and it locks at the bottom of the stroke and you need to hand grab it and pull it back up. But just not that far so that it locks at the bottom. This pedal returns to up position.
What’s the story with the clutch? …Slave cylinder? Are they rebuildable?

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
There is an over center spring on the clutch pedal pivot that does exactly as you describe - it fights you until roughly half way, then it helps you keep the pedal depressed.
It is possible to push a misrigged pedal too far.
personally, I adjust mine to catch closer to the floor so there is little wasted motion during each shift. There is no way to adjust the pedal pressure (or clamping force) - that is determined by the stiffness of the pressure plate springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts