MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, there are so many owners that have been plastidipping their Spyders! So I wanted to try it out!

I blacked out the windshield trim to match the black hardtop. I am still unsure if I like it! Let the pictures speak for themselves......

BEFORE,

AFTER,

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Like it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
To me, it smooths out the hardtop lines a lot by causing less contrast between it and the A-pillars/windshield trim. Nice work. Will have to look into Plastidip more thoroughly; seems like a bunch of people are getting great results with it so far.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ hahaha... people have asked me if it was a Porsche, a new Lexus but never a NSX.

·
Registered
593 Posts
^^^ hahaha... people have asked me if it was a Porsche, a new Lexus but never a NSX.
I know. I get lots of "Hey! Nice Porche" and I don't really get it coz I know which Porche they are referring to but I honestly think the Spyder is much better looking than that and shouldn't be confused.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd say paint the eyelids to match your car, black windshield trim with black hardtop is the only way to go!
I would paint the eyelids red but I still haven't found a local shop that could mix 3po for me in a can. I don't want to pay lots of money for a body shop to do it!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would paint the eyelids red but I still haven't found a local shop that could mix 3po for me in a can. I don't want to pay lots of money for a body shop to do it!
does it have to be local ? Try automotivetouchup.com

·
Registered
303 Posts
Something so small could be painted with a prival sprayer and you can use the auto paint in it. It works great for small items like that. For the clear I would use a spraymax 2 part can and most auto body shops will carry it. You can look it up online to learn more about them. Hope that helps you out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.