MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just created an account for TIS (https://techinfo.toyota.com) and have a two day subscription. Figured I should just download/print whatever parts of the wiring manual I'll need for a 02 Spyder and an 01 Celica GTS (where my 2ZZ came from).

I already printed and downloaded the wire routing for the 1zz in the Spyder and the 2zz in the Celica, which should hopefully help a bunch in connecting the 1zz harness to the 2zz once it is in.

Are there any other parts of the wiring manual, or the manual as a whole, that anyone highly suggests I have a copy of when I actually complete the swap? Don't want to forget anything I could really use and have to buy another 2 day subscription to TIS.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Not shure why you need the Toyota Docs..

I think all the Information that is needed is in the Lib..

Wiring is the easy part.. getting all the Pieces to fit together and run properly seems to be the hard part

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
If your using the swap harness it easy. Actually the easiest part of the swap so far.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Just created an account for TIS (https://techinfo.toyota.com) and have a two day subscription. Figured I should just download/print whatever parts of the wiring manual I'll need for a 02 Spyder and an 01 Celica GTS (where my 2ZZ came from).

I already printed and downloaded the wire routing for the 1zz in the Spyder and the 2zz in the Celica, which should hopefully help a bunch in connecting the 1zz harness to the 2zz once it is in.

Are there any other parts of the wiring manual, or the manual as a whole, that anyone highly suggests I have a copy of when I actually complete the swap? Don't want to forget anything I could really use and have to buy another 2 day subscription to TIS.
I suspect that he's hoping to save some money by wiring up the system himself rather than spring for the price of a swap harness. Assuming that he can do so flawlessly with no mistakes and his time is only worth maybe $10/hr, then go for it. However, if it's not so flawless and there are mistakes that will have him pulling his hair out trying to troubleshoot, make that maybe only a buck-one-ninety-five and hour for all the hours he'll need to spend sorting it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts