MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just did a pre-cat removal and put in a new exhaust with the same manifold and down pipe and now my car won’t go over 3,000 rpm it acts like it is red lining I looked up the issue and everyone said a govner is what is holding it back but I don’t have any

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Yes, didn’t find any. When I drive it and I get up to 3,000 rpm the whole car shakes I looked up some stuff on it and I couldn’t find anything
The first thing to do to diagnose your problem is hookup an OBD code reader to read fault codes. Even if the check engine light is not on, you probably have codes stored. And don't keep driving the car in this condition, you can do some major and more-expensive damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first thing to do to diagnose your problem is hookup an OBD code reader to read fault codes. Even if the check engine light is not on, you probably have codes stored. And don't keep driving the car in this condition, you can do some major and more-expensive damage.
I checked my codes I have three p0110, p0101, and p0100 they all seem to be air intake issues

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is not air intake but MAF issue. To me, it will be strange that the MAF "break" suddently, because it show some "lack" of acceleration before dying.
Are your MAF plugged? This miss can happend to everyone event to the most experimented. Did you notice something before precat removal?
Exemple : unusual low cold idlle (around 1300rpm the first minute).

Normally on cold start without driving, the 1ZZ start up to 1300rpm during ~5 sec, then up to 1500rpm for minutes, until it slowly down to 1300>1000>800 rpms.
After reset ECU, this is almost the same thing... Except that the engine start to 1500~1600 rpm instead of 1300 rpm and stay like it during a long time (ECU in relearning phase).

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If your MAF sensor is not working it will limit the car to 3000 rpm. Did you unplug something? Unplug the MAF check the condition of plug and sensor and then plug it back in again. Check your grounds on the engine, make sure they are connected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My MAF connector was shot so i got a new one and it works fine however now i have a new problem. i have a new code and it says i need a engine control module i dont know much about these cars but someone said if i convert my car from a SMT transmission to a stranded most of these problems will go away.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If it is an SMT problem, then that would be true. Why don't you tell us what the code is? Then maybe we could help you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts