MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not my choice of color, I don't think it would interest any collector. I have seen a mint example recently listed for 23000$ in canada with both dollars close to par, it is still for sale and I don't think it will sell. They never sold them new here and the imported ones do sell for a lot more than in the states. I paid a lot for my 2003 with 60 000 miles but they are extremely rare here and I wanted one. To my knowledge I have the only hardtop in the province.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Yup, he's nuts asking that much. It'll never sell if he holds firm on the price.

·
Registered
729 Posts
For the price of a brand new car, you can buy something that's sat in a garage for 7 years....not so enticing. Give me a little mileage on a used car just to let me know you changed the fluids once in 7 years -_-

·
Registered
782 Posts
For the price of a brand new car, you can buy something that's sat in a garage for 7 years....not so enticing. Give me a little mileage on a used car just to let me know you changed the fluids once in 7 years -_-
I agree, would rather get a car with a medium amount of mileage than extremely low mileage. Machinery is made to be used and stays in better working condition with regular useage. How it was stored makes a BIG difference too!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
offer 19 Dave and see where he goes.

I'm starting to rethink what I want in a car. I got a SMT because I loved the cruise control and thought I'd be taking some road trips. But, I find myself just using the car for driving the backroads for a few hours at a time. So, a manual is starting to appeal to me.

This guy will be sorely disappointed if he doesn't lower his expectations...there are many cool toy cars out there for $30k or less.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if i were going to drop 30K on a toy car, there are several others i would get. like a 'vette or a slightly used camaro convertible. hell, you can get a brand new mustang convertible for less than that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
if i were going to drop 30K on a toy car, there are several others i would get. like a 'vette or a slightly used camaro convertible. hell, you can get a brand new mustang convertible for less than that.
Camaro convertible? mustang convertible? wow for somebody driving a spyder you have different tastes than I do. We rented a mustang convertible the summer before we bought the spyder and would never buy one, I guess I really don't like heavy cars that don't handle well. I would be shopping for a used Lotus!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Camaro convertible? mustang convertible? wow for somebody driving a spyder you have different tastes than I do. We rented a mustang convertible the summer before we bought the spyder and would never buy one, I guess I really don't like heavy cars that don't handle well. I would be shopping for a used Lotus!
Exactly. Maybe he was trolling ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Exactly. Maybe he was trolling ;)
:ky:

no comment on the vette? it was a very close decision between the '98 vette and the spyder. in the end the spyder won out because it wasn't so precious. i wanted something i was not afraid to drive every day in the summer. lovin' it, btw.

·
Registered
782 Posts
:ky:

no comment on the vette? it was a very close decision between the '98 vette and the spyder. in the end the spyder won out because it wasn't so precious. i wanted something i was not afraid to drive every day in the summer. lovin' it, btw.
The vette is a fine choice, I wouldn't comment against that!

·
Registered
729 Posts
If I was gonna drop 30k I would go for a used lotus in a heartbeat...I plan to drive my spyder till one of us dies, but I've always wanted to give it a baby brother lol

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
The ad says he is selling for what he paid. IIRC, when I looked at a 2005 new several years ago, the price was in a $25k range. Maybe my memory isn't very good. Is absolutely amazing how some folks just don't do their homework.

·
Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
" It has never been out of the garage." "Driven 200 miles per year"

Man he must have one hell of a garage! hahah.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts