MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, assuming he bought the car new at around $23k and he claimed that he invested over $30k on it, so that makes it a total of $53k. Wouldn't he have a head start if he would have bought the Porsche Boxster in the first place instead ? ;)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
The only question that I always ask myself is: why sell it if it's your pride and joy and you invested so much time and money into it? Modding is great to make your car the way you want it, but as usual, not everyone will have your tastes (plus, stock cars are easier to maintain vs the potential maintenance nightmares that come with such a modded car). Consequently, there's no financial gain when selling, so he might as well go back to stock and sell off the add ons. He might not even get his reserve on this one.

·
Registered
22,972 Posts
The only question that I always ask myself is: why sell it if it's your pride and joy and you invested so much time and money into it? Modding is great to make your car the way you want it, but as usual, not everyone will have your tastes (plus, stock cars are easier to maintain vs the potential maintenance nightmares that come with such a modded car). Consequently, there's no financial gain when selling, so he might as well go back to stock and sell off the add ons. He might not even get his reserve on this one.
The problem is the seller imposes his vision on someone else and thinks because he modded it he should be entitled to get back most of his return.
There are some things that might be a deal breaker like a sought after part that is no longer manufactured however it must appeal to most people.

I know most people will not agree with me but I see this car as being all over the place and although it's not all out rice it just doesn't seem to have that special something that brings the car together.
This is why I have always said if you want to sell a moded car without a major loss make sure it looks like it came that way from the factory.

It will be interesting to see how much this car sells for. We should get a pool started for fun.
The winner gets a free set of keyhole covers and QRG. The way you play is the person who comes closest to the final price without going over wins.
You guys have until Thursday night to lock in your final price you think the car will sell for.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I couldn't agree more

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Dev's Pool

...It will be interesting to see how much this car sells for. We should get a pool started for fun.
The winner gets a free set of keyhole covers and QRG and the way you play is the person who comes closest to the final price without going over wins.QUOTE]

My wager... $6300

P.S. Should we make bets based on $100 dollar increments so we don't get this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68FmAgB50w :lol:

·
Registered
22,972 Posts
I was asked if I was serious about the prize. I am. We haven't had anything fun here in a good while so why not and it will bring us all together.

·
Registered
22,972 Posts
The only problem with the pool is that the seller's reserve price will be high and it won't sell.

That said, I'll say $11,400
No problem lets be a little daring and see if someone wants bid for victory knowing they may not hit the reserve met.
my offer still stands and it's just for the fun of it however any price post that is edited after the end time Thursday will be disqualified.
all of the price speculations will end effective Thursday evening 9PM eastern time so you still have time to change your initial price.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'd pay $12,300 for this.....and change a few things after purchase.. so there is my bet..

I did sell my extremely modded spyder for 19k 3 years ago. but to me mine looked smarter:lol:

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Only comment I have is that this car is a rolling cliche. Everything on it is the usual thing. Sparco seats, turbo, crap aftermarket wheels, stupid hood, yawn yawn yawn - the exact same stuff most of the ricer crowd does with this car. Nothing interesting, nothing special.

And now it's a weird basket case of a ride that nobody could understand except the person who put it together. If, say, the idle got weird or it was bogging down, good luck. The BGB would be zero help. You'd be totally on your own and could potentially be chasing gremlins all over the place.

Last car you'd ever want to buy is some clown's "fantasy project" that he got bored with - like Jack Mott's ride. He creates the bucket o' trouble, you inherit it. Worst of all possible worlds.

I say this one goes down to $8800.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I also agree that the reserve might not be met, but I would have to guess 13,000.

·
Registered
365 Posts
he had some nice thoughts into it but a bit much being that not everybody can go with the flow with his taste but yet again modified cars do sell and there is some one to always buy it with a loss

anyway didnt we see this while back posted on ebay for sale?

anyway lets go with 17k but i think he wants alot more just like all the other guys that spend 30k in the cars and wants back 29k but relaize they need to take a loss the hard way lol

btw anybody check out his feedback page some interesting things he has sold and bought lol :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts