MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Immediate cash purchase $3000-$7500 for your MR2 2000-2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder. All titles Clean, Rebuilt, Salvage I'll accept.

Just so you know I already own a 1991 MR2 turbo widebody and am active in the forum community. Probably as an MR2 owner you would much rather see your beloved MR2 go to another enthusiast that will take care of the 2. We know there are not that many of them in the US so the more we can keep around the better.

I am looking for a clean interior and no leak soft top. Mechanically the car needs to be running. Transmission a 5-speed (or 6-speed,) no SMT please unless the price is right. If there are known issues please let me know as it isn't really a deal breaker at all. The duece can be stock(ish,) lightly moddified or even have a replaced 1zz or a swapped 2zz. I am not overly concerned about its mileage. Thanks!

I'll travel a bit but I'd rather buy local 150-200 mile radius from LA.

Ideal/Wishlist:

Year: 2003
Color: Blue Mica
Motor: 1zz
Tranny: 5-speed
Mileage: <100k
Mods: Che or PPE replaced header downpipe and exhaust, short shifter, aftermarket deck, front side and rear lips skirts and bumper, suspension upgrades lowering springs or spring and shock combo or coilovers, staggered 16F/17R or just 17's.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Immediate cash purchase $3000-$7500 for your MR2 2000-2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder. All titles Clean, Rebuilt, Salvage I'll accept.

Just so you know I already own a 1991 MR2 turbo widebody and am active in the forum community. Probably as an MR2 owner you would much rather see your beloved MR2 go to another enthusiast that will take care of the 2. We know there are not that many of them in the US so the more we can keep around the better.

I am looking for a clean interior and no leak soft top. Mechanically the car needs to be running. Transmission a 5-speed (or 6-speed,) no SMT please unless the price is right. If there are known issues please let me know as it isn't really a deal breaker at all. The duece can be stock(ish,) lightly moddified or even have a replaced 1zz or a swapped 2zz. I am not overly concerned about its mileage. Thanks!

I'll travel a bit but I'd rather buy local 150-200 mile radius from LA.

Ideal/Wishlist:

Year: 2003
Color: Blue Mica
Motor: 1zz
Tranny: 5-speed
Mileage: <100k
Mods: Che or PPE replaced header downpipe and exhaust, short shifter, aftermarket deck, front side and rear lips skirts and bumper, suspension upgrades lowering springs or spring and shock combo or coilovers, staggered 16F/17R or just 17's.
You may be able to find a rolling shell for the lower end, for the upper end you will be looking at a pretty stock spyder with higher mileage. You may get lucky and find a good deal. for this price range i would say 2002 is the latest year unless a good deal comes along. Most 2003+(facelift) models jump a little in price, many going for $10k+
The more mods the higher the price will become. Also, you won't find to many spyders selling with that size wheels. There are some that go that size, but the norm is a 15/16

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be able to find a rolling shell for the lower end, for the upper end you will be looking at a pretty stock spyder with higher mileage. You may get lucky and find a good deal. for this price range i would say 2002 is the latest year unless a good deal comes along. Most 2003+(facelift) models jump a little in price, many going for $10k+
The more mods the higher the price will become. Also, you won't find to many spyders selling with that size wheels. There are some that go that size, but the norm is a 15/16
That's the Ideal purchase/ Wishlist of what I would like. Gives the seller a good idea of what I am looking for and what kind of price I'm willing to pay. High mileage is no problem as I stated and salvage title is fine which increases my purchasing power by a lot. There is a 2000 rolling chasis for sale here and in all the other MR2 forums for 3k in New Mexico, like you said rolling chasis for bottom end of my pricing, but as i stated again it must be running. I know your intent was to assist, much appreciated. Looking and waiting for the right one. I was going to buy KillaBSpyder's but some guy from SF beat me to it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts