MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the front bumper reinforcement for my 2004 spyder. 3P0 paint is preferred, but any color will work.

Let me know what you have.

I'll have to double-check the parts guide, but I think it can only be from a 2004 or 2005.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A107M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's my problem. Tried the dealership and all the usual parts sites.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I didn’t realize there was a difference, does anyone know what it is? Just curious...thx

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I'll try and check it out today ... if there's not much difference I have a red one I'll sell you .

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I got froze out yesterday ... it was cold . So there's a big difference but one may work on the other ...I don't really know other than a 03-05 bumper cover will fit on a 00-03 and vice versa .

2000 - 2003

2004 - 2005

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is there a weight difference maybe?

03-05 cover definitely fits over a 00-02 beam

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
So after looking at the pictures I could see the mounting bolt position is different . I had another look tonight and the 04 / 05 has an extra bracket in between the end of the frame rails and the bumper bar . The bracket makes up the difference of the thickness of the bars and changes the position of the bar mounting bolts . To use the 00 / 03 bar all you would have to do is unbolt and remove the bracket .

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thx for the info on the bumper bars, learn something new every day

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I've already got the replacement left-hand bracket I need. One of the toyota parts websites had it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Just another tidbit of info : I looked on my silver 04 and the bumper bar was color matched silver . So the red 05 in the picture bumper bar is black .... I assume it was replaced sometime in the past .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, the later one is painted to match the car. I plan to paint the replacement bracket and bumper beam. The new bracket came in grey primer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I need the front bumper reinforcement for my 2004 spyder. 3P0 paint is preferred, but any color will work.

Let me know what you have.

I'll have to double-check the parts guide, but I think it can only be from a 2004 or 2005.

Thanks

I have one that is brand new, never used. Bought it to repair my 2004 coupla years ago but never used it. It is black . Where are you at? I could then get the shipping rate so that I can name you a price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts