MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No luck, damage was considerable, still looking for an engine, although budget is an issue, I would love to get my hand on a 26000 miles engine but I cannot afford it at this time. Clock is ticking so I'm still looking

Thanks

Andres

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well whats your budget? You just said low miles
Well I typed my first message 3 minutes after I had the incident, without knowing costs.

Since repairing mine would be expensive and unpractical, we decided to get a decent engine maybe with around 50-70000 miles . Found 5 locally from $1499 to $1299. So if I could stay around $1000 range it would be ideal due to present budget allowance.

Thanks

Andres

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm in Colorado right now but I was going to do a 2zz swap probably. Mine is a 03 with 56k. But then I'm stuck till I can get my car to Bottlefed. Let me try and talk to Bottlefed this week. It might be worth it if Bottle would be able to get my swap if you had equipment to get done while you were pulling my 1zz.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Engine Swap - need healthy low-mileage motor

:eek: My son (a recent BioMed Engineering grad) destroyed my 2001 Spyder's engine!

First a little rattle and vibration in the clutch, and then the rocket scientist drove it 20 miles more to his friend's house. Wisely had it towed home the next day. At home, it wouldn't turn over at all. Charged the battery and checked the relays and fuses. No luck. Then put a new $120 battery in it. Still didn't turn over at all. Took the under-plastics off to check the starter. Found a piston rod bracket and part of a valve stuck through a hole in the oil pan! Metal shreds and oil all over the plastic bottom cover.
The all-stock car only has about 50k on it and is otherwise in great condition. Son denies bouncing it off the rev limiter and says no dash lights came on.
Wondering how a valve made it all the way to the oil pan. The insides must be totally shredded! I live in a condo and am not allowed to work on cars in the carport, so forsenic curiosity will have to wait.

So need a good low-mileage motor, and a more mechanically-inclined kid.
Also need a good mechanic who can do the swap; I'll happily trade him my first-born.
I'm in the San Jose, CA area.

-Susan

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I am back in the search for a 1zz engine, this time not as an emergency, just looking for a newer one, what kind of warranty are you offering ?

You mentioned in another thread as low as 3k miles engines, how much?

Thanks

Andres
My engines dont sit here for longer than 3 days, lowest I have right now is 23k

1 - 20 of 23 Posts