MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted here before with the same desire. Want to buy a 2ZZ converted Spyder in Northern California. The car must pass CARB smog test as I don't plan on moving out of state anytime soon and don't want to resort to smoke and mirrors every 2 years for re-certification.
I located a car in SoCal that current owner bought a couple years ago that was done by previous owner. He knows little about the conversion other than to say "it runs great and is a joy to drive". Couple problems: Has valve cover oil leak that is very close to where one would find a timing cover leak. E brake chatters, carries a salvage title due to front end collision that deployed air bag and a nice dent rdrivers rear rocker btw the door and wheel. Anyhow he wants $4500.
Please let me know you thoughts on this car or if you have a 2ZZ you need to sell.
Many thanks,
=david
[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've posted here before with the same desire. Want to buy a 2ZZ converted Spyder in Northern California. The car must pass CARB smog test as I don't plan on moving out of state anytime soon and don't want to resort to smoke and mirrors every 2 years for re-certification.
I located a car in SoCal that current owner bought a couple years ago that was done by previous owner. He knows little about the conversion other than to say "it runs great and is a joy to drive". Couple problems: Has valve cover oil leak that is very close to where one would find a timing cover leak. E brake chatters, carries a salvage title due to front end collision that deployed air bag and a nice dent rdrivers rear rocker btw the door and wheel. Anyhow he wants $4500.
Please let me know you thoughts on this car or if you have a 2ZZ you need to sell.
Many thanks,
=david
[email protected]
wouldn't waste my time on something like that...sounds like someone is trying to dump off their problems.

I'm sure if you wait it out, you'll find something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts