MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I am new to the forums, just bought my MR2 in Miami, FL and drove it home to Detroit, MI. Drove it 1500 miles, no oil burn issues. Then I read about the cat issues and what they can lead to, so I figure heck, why not just buy a header and be done with it :)

I am looking for both the header and exhaust (kill 2 birds with 1 stone I guess). I am looking around $200 shipped if possible (low ball :) ). lmk what you got!

Lets do an intake too :)

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,873 Posts
You can get a cheap 1ZZ header off of eBay for $69. It will bolt up to your stock cat and exhaust. Then you can use the rest to buy an intake. But, as has been discussed many times on this forum, the only thing you will gain is noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... link of ebay header?

Maybe up my offer to 250-300 ish, I know its do-able.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Don't get the ebay header, it is worse than a stock ported header IMO. 1.4" ID (ebay) pipes after the 4-2 versus 1.7" (stock). Not to mention how many ebay headers crack, its difficult to use the stock heat shields with them which makes your intake heat up more, and the header isn't as hot so exhaust isn't moving as fast.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Hmmm... link of ebay header?
Strange thing.I checked Ebay and all the cheap headers are gone.Kinda weird.There use to be hundreds of them.I had my Ebay header on my car for over 4 years without any issues and the stock heat shields fit fine.The quality can be hit or miss but improper installation is the main reason for cracking.The stock block brackets are very important.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, i looked on ebay too, nothing there...

Hm... I may just get an exhaust and intake then... since header is likely not worth it then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.