MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you call and ask they'll tell you they've never had an issue being too short or too long :confused:

I called and asked them about the "word on the street" last year and they said it was false. I ordered them myself for a new Toyota OEM Flywheel with no such issue. If it works for an OEM then it should work for flywheels.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The Toyota mechanic that installed my original MWR Chromolly flywheel (not the one they sell now) had to buy new OEM bolts (it is actually a toyota mechanic from this board so he wasn't bsing). I have heard that some flywheels will work with them, some won't. Just be aware of it. I saw a thread a week or so ago that had this conversation. Forgot what flywheels they said work for sure.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
Bolt (Flywheel you will need 8) 90910-02103

Off my thread. 1sttoyotaparts.com

I have to agree if you can get the correct ARP bolts get the ARP's. Just torque and done.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
this is from MWR's website for arp bolts:

Fits all 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines and works with all stock and aftermarket flywheels. Fits 2GR V6 with Fidanza flywheel only.

Torque spec: 58 ft-lb with ARP moly lube or 85 ft-lb with 30wt motor oil on the threads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.