MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Brand new to the Forum, but have already found it very informative. We recently took our 2000 MR2 Spyder out of garaged storage only to find an issue on start up. The exhaust has split completely after the flex pipes before the Catalytic Converter. We don't need a performance exhaust system, we are simply looking for a factory replacement part, used but in decent condition. I am guessing this is what people refer to when to talk about a down pipe? after the header before the Cat-Back?

I am located between Boston and Providence, but am happy to pay shipping if need be. Please let me know what you have available.

Thank you.

-Sam

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yes you have the naming correct.
Considered having a muffler shop weld it back together?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first attempt, shop wanted $500 to do it. I would buy the performance down pipe if I was looking to drop the coin, but considering it is my fiancés summer coaster, I can't really justify it.

I might buy 2 new flex pipes and try another shop, but if I can find the part used I can at least do the install my self and avoid a shop all together

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've had one of the two flex pipes replaced at ~$50 total by doing the mid-pipe removal/install myself.

If you do this, and tell the guy to replace place one pipe at-a-time then he will be able to maintain the correct dimensions (not have to get under your car).

Different cities have different costs though...

By the way: removing the rear bumper is easy and saves you a lot of effort. There's threads on removing the rear bumper (or just attempt it while using your eyes and intuition).

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,207 Posts
I have a high flow setup for sale if your looking to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.