MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how you call it exactly, but does anybody know where I can get the amber fender side marker/parking light? Can I possibly get it through a Toyota dealership? I think it also uses a different bulb size, not the 168/194 bulb. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the side marker I'm taking about. I personally think it looks much better on the fender, than having it on the bumper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
im pretty sure that custom, you have to drill into the fender to make a sidemarker fit. you could probably use any sidemarker like a Honda sidemarker or something like that. just need to drill the right size

·
Registered
471 Posts
Is that a lotus emblem on the front bumper?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try Japanparts, since it was standard JDM (also EU.) Just be aware that it operates differently than the USDM markers. They flash with the signals.
Cool, thanks! I'll check them out.

Im aware they operate differently. I just have figure out how to re-wire the lights. Should be simple.??????

·
Registered
229 Posts
sider marker!

its very simple to wire up... I bought my side markers here, they are the original toyota amber side markers you are looking for. to make them work, I used a dremel to cut my fenders and I tap'd onto the wires for the signal lights on the headlights. its very easy!!! I kept the wrapping for the side markers (it has the part number on it)but I have it in storage and I can't get to them right now.... :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its very simple to wire up... I bought my side markers here, they are the original toyota amber side markers you are looking for. to make them work, I used a dremel to cut my fenders and I tap'd onto the wires for the signal lights on the headlights. its very easy!!! I kept the wrapping for the side markers (it has the part number on it)but I have it in storage and I can't get to them right now.... :(
Sweet! No worries. I found them at Japanparts, but they're clear (#014-005-013). I sent them an email, see if they can get them in amber.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
From what I've observed: that's the side marker that was stock for Europe's 2000-2005 MR2s. I agree it's better.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts