MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bearing was just noisy before, but now the cv boot tore so need a replacement. I can get a new one for 118.00 shipped but looking to save money.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
That's a green axle. It's stronger than the older black ones.

Which part can you get for $118? You sure its the complete axles? Is it an aftermarket axle?

The best price I can find for an original Toyota Green axles is $351 (for everything in your picture)..

The older black ones are more expensive at $387.

If you can get it for $118 then you jump on it.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I bought a brand new aftermarket one for less than $90 at a local parts house. It came with the bearing installed, but I had to press off the old flange and press it back onto the new bearing.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

they could be split into 2 pieces, ive got the axle at the right hand side for sale
Not sure what you mean. I need pretty much the entire assembly as shown. I am fine with aftermarket, do not need OEM so long as it is in good condition.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Not only is the bearing bad but yesterday the CV boot failed. Instead of replacing the individual parts I prefer to replace the entire assembly.

Anyone local to Milwaukee or Chicago have something like this? I can pick it up. Will work a bit on price shipped if needed.

Thanks,

Elliott

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I bought both sides from rockauto.com for under 180$ shipped and received in the same week! Don't forget to goto your local Stealership for new Differential Seals which was 35$ with tax for both sides and always in stock.

Everything is same MT or SMT, parts counter guy double checked everything for me.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought both sides from rockauto.com for under 180$ shipped and received in the same week! Don't forget to goto your local Stealership for new Differential Seals which was 35$ with tax for both sides and always in stock.

Everything is same MT or SMT, parts counter guy double checked everything for me.
Yes, Rockauto is my next choice but I have a question into them for some details on the parts. I don't think the RH shaft comes with the bearing, which is what I need and I don't see the bearing on their site. I emailed their staff to clarify so hopefully I will have an answer soon.

Thanks,

Elliott

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Message me your email and I'll send photos tonight when I get home, I still haven't installed mine yet because....

Completely irrelevant but,
just waiting for my friend to finish his car on the lift from swapping in a rb25 to his s14 and suppose to make 600+hp, he has his own personal shop with his double wide and you'd never suspect a thing in that garage in the back lol. I welded up the exhaust setup (manifold pre purchased) and did all the charge piping so a favor for a favor.

He says another two weeks before we get down and dirty with my work.

OK, back on topic now lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Here you go ekosling, but these are the black axles which I think are weaker then the the oem green ones I read either here or in another thread. The longer axle comes with what looks to be a very large bearing and two outer bearing shields plus a ring clip.

Aww damn, and the bearing has it stamped "china" -___-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts