MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rear view mirror..mine moves too easily..looked inside of back of mirror and is cracked..thus looking for new one..thanks
zip 77381

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Keep in mind that '00-'02 mirrors will not fit on an '03-'05 car.
An 00-02 mirror can work, but you'd have to go to a windshield shop to remove the factory button from the windshield and install the one that'll work with the 00-02 mirror. That's what I did, as I bought the TRD aluminum cover/ mirror from a member on SC

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you can't find one, the same thing happened in my '03, a dab of 2 part epoxy in the back of the assembly on the crack, then sanded smooth made it a nice tight fit again

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
made 2 mistakes

I usually double check to see if the 03 part is the same but I didn't and bought one off ebay off an 02 spyder from a junk yard. 1st it is quite a bit different and being from a junk yard it was real dirty/stained and had some number painted on it ..I tossed it in the garbage I was so mad at myself and at them..and I bought one off spyderchat before and it had the same problem as mine..at this point i could have gotten a new one..:)

·
Administrator
4,482 Posts
I have an 03 mirror that is in decent shape (I don't think there are any scratches or anything wrong with the mirror part), but broke at the connection to the glass due to rough handling while it was off the car. With some effort, it can be taken apart at the ball and socket joint and assembled onto a good adjustment strut. Did yours break in the socket, or at the glass?

edit: I looked at it, and the plastic socket on the back of the mirror has a slot dead center on the bottom. It looks like it was made that way, but the nature of your problem makes me hesitate. I haven't looked at the replacement assembly I got to see if it is the same. They both hold position equally well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts