MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Hey guys, I'm burning a lot of oil (bad rings) and need a test pipe to avoid damaging the cat, until such time as I can afford an engine rebuild or swap.

If anybody has an in on a catless cat-pipe, please let me know.

Or if you know where to get the flanging in stainless steel, I can weld on up myself, I just can't seem to find the parts :mellow:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?47474-MR2-Spyder-Down-Pipe-Now-In-stock-250.00-Shipped-for-USA-Members-by-CHE

Or if you want, I have one in parts (no flex section) that can be had reasonably.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr. Che is indeed the man, I got adjustable rear links from him and the fit and finish were very nice, not to mention he is the consummate gentleman.

I'm looking for an exhaust project rather than direct bolt on so....

You have PM!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
xlascox is selling used, $180 in socal

·
Registered
199 Posts
...if you know where to get the flanging in stainless steel, I can weld on up myself, I just can't seem to find the parts...
If you have the means of welding it yourself... why not just cut out the existing cat and weld in a section of exhaust pipe (available at any auto parts store for cheap) in place of it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have the means of welding it yourself... why not just cut out the existing cat and weld in a section of exhaust pipe (available at any auto parts store for cheap) in place of it?
rather keep the stock cat pipe that way, either for resale value or mindless smog swaps.

I don't want to have to weld in a cat everytime I want to pass emissions :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
rather keep the stock cat pipe that way, either for resale value or mindless smog swaps.

I don't want to have to weld in a cat everytime I want to pass emissions :cool:
Ahh, it must suck having to worry about emissions testing... that's not a problem here. It would still be cheaper to buy a used stock cat pipe as a spare (I've seen used ones go for $50 several times on here) and weld a pipe in place of your existing cat and swap as needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts