Registered
1,294 Posts
Among many others, included on the list are:

Ariel Atom
1953 Corvette
Smart Fourtwo
1958 Thunderbird
Porsche 914

all of which have won numerous awards and/or sold extremely well. I think this is more of a list of cars they don't like, not actual worst cars of all time.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I liked time's list better. Also the Saleen s7 was on that list, did I miss something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
668 Posts

Ariel Atom
1953 Corvette
Smart Fourtwo
1958 Thunderbird
Porsche 914

all of which have won numerous awards and/or sold extremely well. I think this is more of a list of cars they don't like, not actual worst cars of all time.
x2, also saw a lotus elan and the nissan 280z in there. who made this crap

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Materials aside, the Fiat 124 Sport Coupes were great cars, and for what it is, the Ariel Atom is an incredible vehicle too.

Otherwise, can't fault the other 98, they're all sucky.

A Porsche 914 with a 3.0 liter or better flat six properly transplanted is an awesome car, and the Corvairs weren't any worse than the Porsches of the time (356, etc.) for handling anomalies.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

Ariel Atom
1953 Corvette
Smart Fourtwo
1958 Thunderbird
Porsche 914

Let me guess a Smart Fourtwo...lol. The ARiel Atom is a serious machine though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I never thought I'd see a list occupied by the Ariel Atom, Ferrari Scaglietti, Pontiac Aztec, and a Reliant Robin.

This is crap.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never thought I'd see a list occupied by the Ariel Atom, Ferrari Scaglietti, Pontiac Aztec, and a Reliant Robin.

This is crap.
Ariel Atom was there for the street version of it, not the present day track version.

Aztec was there for the truly awful design which was panned by many others.

However being a past Craptera owner, I love the comments about the car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
surprisingly, i never owned a single one of them on the list.

·
Registered
522 Posts
"93. 1989 Vector W8: Gerald Wiegert's 625-hp, $400,000-plus folly was obsolete by the time it finally hit production. Only 17 reached customers — and they needed to be shadowed by a flatbed."

I laughed when I read that. The only one I ever saw in person was in Monterey, Ca. and was being pushed off the road by the owner.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've owned three on this list.

1964 Corvair, automatic 110 HP model. Aside from trying to keep a fan-belt on, it was a fun car.

1972 Pinto, EPA model with the 1.6 slug motor. Slow, ill handling, all around crappy car. Deserves its place on the list.

1973 Vega. This car was strange. Had a full suspension kit from a company called IEECO in California, plus their brake kit, clutch, header and valve cover. Turned the Vega into one nice handling canyon runner. As long as you went through it once a week and made sure everything was bolted on securely. Reminded me of an old English car in that respect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts