MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, May 18th the wife and I made the drive from the Bay Area to Fresno, CA. After checking into our hotel and getting refreshed, I looked out the window and realized that I had parked directly in front of my hotel room.

We then headed over to Engellman Cellars (www.engellmancellars.com) to meet up with Uncle Mush and his wife. We had VIP parking in the front driveway, reserved seating at a table on the deck, and free wine tasting. The goodie bags that Mush put together had two wine glasses, a Toyota Leather Case, Mush's own seasoning (unclemushs.com), a variety of Griot's garage products, snacks, water, and a lot that I am forgetting. This had to be the nicest goodie bag that I have ever gotten for showing up to a car meet.

The live music and food was great. We decided to call it a night after 4 hours of visiting and sharing stories. We knew that we had an early (gasp - 8am on a Saturday) start the next morning.

Jahnathon met Mush and I at the Chick-Fil-A in Fresno. We then headed towards Yosemite.

The views were amazing. This meet was as much about seeing Yosemite as it was about the MR2s. We took the time to stop and see the sights. Many of the tourists took the time to watch our cars - as well as the natural sights.

We then met up with Tai. I can't remember his Spyderchat screen name. His Top Secret/TRD kits with the 2ZZ and 6 Speed was quite the car to see. It sounded great screaming through the long tunnel that opens to the Yosemite Valley.

Spyderchatters resting:

After a great day full of incredible scenery and new friendships the wife and I checked into the Houndstooth Inn.

My Spyder hit the 50,000 mile mark on this trip:

And on the way home, we got stuck behind this truck, which had gotten very far ahead of what belonged behind it (not an MR2 ;))...

I have hundreds of more pictures to share if anyone wants.

Again, thank you so much to Uncle Mush for putting this on. It was great meeting the other guys too - hope to see you all again soon. If you weren't there - you'll get a shot at redemption in 2013. Uncle Mush is also talking about a Central Coast run as well, so keep your ears open!

Mush put on a first class event. If you weren't there, you missed out. Luckily - he is willing to give it another go next year. I hope that my pictures will inspire you to make it out next year.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, I won the floor jack in the give away. Thanks again Mush!

Here are some more photos from Friday night at the Cellars.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looks like a blast. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Been wanting to do a similar trip for a while now. Great views of the park as well!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thanks Mike! We really enjoyed meeting you and Natalya -- Jahnathon -- and Tai and Liz. What a fantastic weekend. Thanks for posting the pictures, too. We are thinking late October for the Central Coast meet and the 3rd weekend in May 2013 for the Yosemite meet next year.

Hugs to all,

Uncle Mush and Lisa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts