MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i recently moved away from home from sweltering heat to a place that has very cold winters, no snow but lots of frost on winter mornings, i take great care of my top and its in excellent condition, the thing is i have a hardtop but when i drive home from work it gets warm, i like to have the top down so i cant have the hardtop on all the time, my question is how does the softtop fare up to frost? ( i obviously wont try folding it when its cold), it will probabaly park outside for the next few months as im staying with someone else, when i find a place of my own then it will be garage parked. and also winter is ending so not soooo much frost.

what would be the care regimin? same as i did before with the cleaner and uv protector?

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey a fellow south African!

Unfortunately i have the same problems as you the mornings. Car gets parked outside :angry:. In winter i put on the hard top because of the frost and its warmer then the soft top. Generally the car is all frozen up and i have to start it up and switch on the heater to warm up the windows up. Sometimes i have to pour a warm bucket of water over the windscreen, not very good for the spyder :(

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey a fellow south African!

Unfortunately i have the same problems as you the mornings. Car gets parked outside :angry:. In winter i put on the hard top because of the frost and its warmer then the soft top. Generally the car is all frozen up and i have to start it up and switch on the heater to warm up the windows up. Sometimes i have to pour a warm bucket of water over the windscreen, not very good for the spyder :(
whats up man, im also on the SA mr2 forum, i remember you from there. the ice on the screen is hectic, using my chics car i also have to wet the windscreen otherwise i cant see anything.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just wish i had a garage to store my 2 in at night. Whats your SA mr2 club forum name? Did you move up from Durbs? . . . Like you said at least winter is almost over, than ill be rolling with no top :thumbsup:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i moved up from durbs a month ago and im staying with my chics dad so his cars are in the garage, my car is actually still in DBN im going to bring it up this weekend, il have my own place soo and the it will be be parked in the garage, i wont drive my car everyday ill use my chics car so for now it will park outside and ill get a car cover for it, weekend ride, ill only use it to work when i want some excitement lol

my name on MR2club sa is Wesley

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes i remember, you ordered the spoiler. Have you got it yet . . . post some pic when you install it. Now you can join us for a breakfast run with the club, want to ask garith to organise one soon :cool:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome stuff id love that!! yep i only got down to ordering the spoiler last week monday, i got the vis racing techno R from import parts, will be here before the end of the month, any tips on who i can get to spray it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts